Monday, October 11, 2010

I Got The Juice Now!


It's October. Leaves are falling to the ground. The sun is setting sooner and it's getting colder. Typically this is the season to set up a niiice boo situation for the winter. Me, on the contrary, have been slashing guys like a Halloween thriller.

Why? Just because I can and I have been developing a very low tolerance for bullshit. I have deleted like 100 guys off of my facebook. I've deleted like 13 numbers out of my phone. I have ended about 6 "friendships" with guys I used to date. From guys that have been around since I was 16 to guys from 2 weeks ago...no one is exempt! Even "The Greatest Ex" got cut last night, in which I'm still shaking my head about. Oh well!

This is the deal...I deserve better friendships and better people in my life. If you aren't giving me peace and love, you must go...period. No stress. No B.S. No lying. No back and forth. No. Nothing.

The Bums of Bullshit Past are no longer skeletons in my closet. I'm cleaning mine out for the winter, eff waiting for spring! Sometimes, you wait so long to do something, before you realize the effect it has on you.

Life happens so fast and you put people in categories they don't even belong in. I came to the realization that these so-called friends really weren't friends at all. If one wasn't asking me for naked pics, another was arguing about who I have or haven't slept with. Then there was one I was dating, but not dating because we were "just friends." That's bullshit. Then, there were those who were less important, who I've gone on a date or two, or those who thought hanging out in my apartment was better than asking me out. Am I supposed to cook for you too?! Hell nah! YOU'RE FIRED!

Anyway, I've been feeling great about my new and lighter friend list. I have never taken such inventory before, and I'm proud that I am. Dating me is a privilege. Being a friend of mine has value. In all the days, I thought I had it, now I know for sure...I got the juice!

And it's so damn sweet. I suggest you get yours too ; )

4 comments:

  1. I need to go through my "friends" list and do the same damn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait wait! The 'chilling at my house' part reeeeeally eggs me up! I let em know up front "I don't do the whole come over my house thing". I mean my house is my sanctuary and the one place I shud always feel safe in. Not t mention my babygirl who NO ONE is allowed t be around until its easy past the infancy phase (no one has made it that far in a year or so lol). A guy had asked me when I was gon cook for him and I responded quickly with a smart-ass "when u pay a bill regularly". Lol. Thas right I GOT THE JUICE! Cthu thanx Ms. Di ;-)

    ReplyDelete