Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let him go and if he comes back, and back, and back...

They say: "If you love someone, let them go and if they come back blah blah blah." But what if they do come back and it doesn't mean shit!? And you let them go again...and AGAIN, they come back. And again, and again, and sigh...again.

Could this old-age phrase really be as stupid as I think? There's a limit on the "coming backs" right?

I think only girls depend on these little words of wisdom when going through a break-up. I don't know how many times I've heard "Girl, they always come back," or been asked "Do you think he's thinking about me?" I may be wrong, but I don't think guys are sitting around with their friends saying "Let her go dog, she'll come back. Ya'll are meant to be together!" o_O

The other day I was sitting and thinking that I no longer have a Mr. Big in my life and honestly, I felt some kind of way about it. I had always been used to having these long, drawn-out, back and forth relationships with guys who never seemed to stay away long. While I still have a few of those, I definitely don't feel the same way about them as I used to. Then I thought, why do I want a Mr. Big anyway!? While things worked out for Carrie in the end, it was 10 YEARS of some bullshit to get there. Do you really want to play hide-and-go-seek with a man for 10 years to finally get his love consistently? I don't.

If you love someone and you HAVE to let them go...let them stay.

*These are just my opinions, which change with growth. Who knows, some guy may make me change my mind. I doubt it though *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment