Monday, November 22, 2010

Must Not Fall...

I stumbled drunkenly into a bathroom stall Thursday night and as I was finishing the deed, I finally noticed what was written on the wall behind me..."I Must Not Fall For Bad Boys." WTFeezy! While small, the moment felt like some kind of miracle!!! (Well, not a miracle, but a "sign" at the very least.)

After snapping this pic of the wall, I've been spending the last few days re-looking at this photo in my phone and being inspired by it. Must. Not. Fall (especially for "bad" boys).

In the past, I have "fallen" into things and situations that while I don't regeret them, if I would have used more logic, I would have been able to avoid a lot of heartbreak. Now, I don't want to "fall" anymore. I rather use both heart and logic equally to journey into something, side-by-side, as opposed to "falling" and hoping to be caught. The word "falling" doesn't sound like something good anyway! If someone called you and said only the words "I fell" you would ask if they were okay, with the assumption that they got hurt. Right? Is it bitter of me to associate "falling" with "hurt"...?

"Must Not Fall For Bad Boys." "Bad Boys" and please add "Bad (for YOU) Boys." I know all too well about those! They're not necessarily "bad" but they can be verrry bad for you. These "bad" boys for me all had one thing in common: They were extremely unavailable! Reasons being: Not over an ex or a workaholic or torn between their spiritual life and their dating life or had Mommy-issues...the list contines. These guys weren't bad, but they were bad for me. I'm at a place where I am open and available and I need to date someone who is also open and available.

I think for the most part I have always been open, but I dated so many guys who weren't because I didn't know that I was. If I heard "I'm not looking for a relationship" I thought "Great, because I'm not either!," but that's not entirely true. While I'm not looking for a relationship, I'm open to the idea of one. My openness mixed with someone else's "closedness" can only lead to one place: being hurt; and that's somewhere I have no interest in being any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment