Monday, May 17, 2010

The Wrong Guy


Falling in love can be like a confused person picking his harasser out of a police line-up. You may think you know, but you have no idea. You may even carefully make your choice but there is a great chance that you may choose The Wrong Guy.

Eventually there comes a time where we all will choose The Wrong Guy. Who and what you thought was right becomes so WRONG. Like "WTF did I get myself into" wrong. Sadly, we will all experience the pain that comes along with making the wrong choice in a mate. The person you thought you knew turns out to be completely opposite of what you thought. The person you trusted the most will do some things that will make you never want to trust another person again. The one you love will cheat on you, lie to you, steal from you, abuse you (what happened to you goes here). All of which, will cause you a pain that there is no quick escape from.

I have had my share of heartache, but each time I am a bit more wise than the time before. Each time I have gained a valuable knowledge that has equipped me for future experiences. I once dated someone who I genuinely thought was my friend and I thought he was the "right" guy. I soon found out just how wrong I was when he began treating me like crap. For the life of me, I just didn't understand how this "friend" could treat me so callously. It took a few months, but eventually I had to let that one go and that was one of the most rewarding experiences (of that year lol). Soon after him, I met someone who was amazing, or so I thought, but now he's turning out to be Mr. Wrong too! Damn. But at the end of the day, knowledge is power and the only way to know is to feel it for yourself. The Wrong Guy can be the best teacher!

I don't believe in "The One," I think that's some fairytale BS, but I do believe that not every guy will treat you the same as The Wrong Guy. I think just as much as there are jerks there are some great guys, and not every jerk will remain one. In the midst of getting your heart broken by The Wrong Guy, let him be your teacher. One day you will get over the pain and the experience will be priceless, and you'll be one wrong guy away from the The Right Guy!!! Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment