Saturday, September 11, 2010

G.A.M.E

I read a very very very interesting blogpost on Very Smart Brothas. I'll drop the link below. I don't want you reading their ish before mine lol. Anyway, the post was "5 Things Men Say (and do) When We’re Just Running Game." I said, "WTF!" This is exactly what I wanted to read! Last week, I had an interesting BBM convo where one guy basically told me that another guy was running game. Me: Really? Now, that "really" has just been stuck in head. Have I been tricked all this time??? Was I believing some b.s, taking it as truth when it was just a line? "Not me" I thought but, maybe, just maybe I actually was being gamed. Hmm.

I am a pretty understanding person. I tell people all the time I can understand most things because I did most things. I understand lying, because I have lied. I understand cheating (to some degree), because I have "cheated." I get most things! People have insecurites, and issues, and other life experiences that affect who they are as they relate to other people, especially in romantic relationships. However, the article got me to thinking: Can I trust what he says? Granted, everything a guy tells you won't be a lie, but for DAMN SURE some of it is. How do we know what is an excuse/a line/bullshit...versus what is real?

I actually don't think "game" is necessarily a bad thing. I think "game" is a combination of when you say something and how you say it. I have tons of game! I am extremely flirty, with intellectual, witty, sarcasm that seems to get guys weak in the knees. Game is about timing, and I have that down to a science! However, I don't be lying! Once you start lying, it's not "game" anymore. It. Is. A. Lie. Asshole!

So how do we know? It's easy to say "I know when someone's lying to me." Umm, no you don't honey. You can feel that someone's lying, but without blatant evidence, it's just speculation. Speculation is an easy thing to talk yourself out of especially when feelings are involved. So, now I'm running inventory of past conversation, thinking "was this a lie...was that a lie?" It's pretty annoying but I haven't mastered mind control yet. Until then, all "game" is evil and boys can't be trusted. Sigh :/

Very Smart Brothas http://www.verysmartbrothas.com/5-common-things-men-say-when-were-just-running-game/

No comments:

Post a Comment