Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beat it, Kid!


I haaaate Break-Ups! Something about two people packing up and going their separate ways is sooo sad. I mean, weren't you friends? What about the good times? What about the baby!? Seriously, deep down inside I still want Nick and Jessica (Simpson) to get back together! That's sad!

Honestly, break-ups are the most important part of dating and relationships. As the saying goes: You learn more from failure than success. That same theory can be applied to "love." When you're happy in love and going through the motions, you're not learning crap; you're basically just enjoying the feelings. Now, remember the first time or even the last time you got your heart broken? Think for a second about how it felt....not fun right, but I'm sure you learned something from it!

Breaking up, whether painful or liberating, is just a basic part of becoming an adult. If you never broke up with your boyfriend from the 3rd grade, imagine how lame your life would be now? If you never broke up with your ex, you'd never have met the person you're with now or who you'll be with next.

I have experienced majority of my growth as a woman in the F'd up times of my dating life. I have learned very serious lessons that have saved me from or gotten me out of situations much quicker than if I did not have those experiences at all. I have dated jerks that at the time, thought were great, then broke up and met someone that made me say "WTF was I doing with him?" Break-ups teach you more about yourself and what you want from another person, much more than being "in love."

As women, we need to be mindful (even when you're in love) that the most important relationship is the one we have with ourselves! The guys you date are basically stops on the road, and if HE'S lucky, he can be the last stop.

Chill out. Enjoy dating, but even more, enjoy breaking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment